Estimated Program Expenses
Interns register for four hours Fall Semester, five hours Winter Semester, and three hours Spring Semester, or a total of 12 hours during the Internship. Part-time graduate tuition for LDS students is $340 per semester hour. For non-LDS students it is $680 per semester hour. For more details, visit BYU Tuition Service page.
Interns must have either private or BYU health insurance. The BYU health insurance premium for married interns is $111.50 per month and for single interns is $69.50 per month. Links to the most current premium schedule is found on the BYU Financial Services webpage. You can also see the Student Health Center webpage for more information. Malpractice insurance is provided without charge through BYU’s Risk Management Department.
An estimate of living expenses can be found here: BYU Financial Aid
- AND Associate Membership: $50 for students, $110 for the first year after graduation, $220 for an active membership thereafter. 1-800-877-1600
- RD Examination Fee: $200
- Conference Travel: UDA Annual Meeting and the AND Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition. Registration and lodging will generally be covered. Interns will be responsible for travel, food, and incidentals. (Cost varies)
- Physical Examination: Cost varies
- Drug Screen: $26
- Criminal Background Check: $15
- Room & Board: $11, 676
- Vaccinations: Cost varies
- Travel: Cost varies. Interns are responsible for transportation to practice site.
- Books: Approximately $150
- Other (i.e. projects, folders, office supplies): Cost varies (Approximately $150)
- Appropriate clothing and shoes as required for professional dress: Cost varies
- An estimate of living expenses can be found on the BYU Financial Aid Office Website
Due to the time commitment involved with the Dietetic Internship, outside employment is not recommended.
Students may apply for an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scholarship during the senior year of undergraduate study. College and Department Internship Travel Scholarships are also available for dietetic interns. Please see the Life Science Scholarships Application and Life Sciences Internship pages for more information.